(photo from his advertisement on Psychology Today
- In private practice and on the faculty of the University of Utah's School of Medicine.
- Winner of ISSTD’s “Distinguished Achievement Award” in 1998.
- Appeared in the infamous 1988 episode of "The Geraldo Rivera Show" titled Devil Worship: Exposing Satan's Underground, a so-called documentary for which Rivera himself eventually apologized
- Helped produce videotape "Ritual Child Abuse: A Professional Overview" (Cavalcade Productions 1989), a training video to help therapists identify and treat now debunked Satanic Ritual Abuse. In this presentation he relates:
What we’re talking about here goes beyond child-abuse or beyond the brainwashing of Patty Hearst or Korean-War veterans. We’re talking about people -- in some cases who are coming to us as patients -- who were raised in satanic cults from the time they were born. Often cults that have come over from Europe, that have roots in the SS, in death-camp squads in some cases. These are children who tell us stories about being deprived of sleep all night, of then being required to work at manual labor exhaustingly all day long without any food or water. When they reach a point of utter fatigue they may then watch other people tortured. Perhaps a finger might be cut off and hung around their neck on a chain or a string as a symbol to them that they had better be obedient. They may be given drugs."
- From an interview on PrimeTime in January 1993:
Hammond: They basically start with severe torture of a very young child, usually in the range of 2 to 3 years old. The strategy is to make them highly dissociative and divide the mind, so that they purposefully create multiple personalities.
Interviewer Jay Schadler: By abusing the child, the child splits into several personalities. How widespread are we talking?
Hammond: At least tens of thousands of victims, if not hundreds of thousands.
[Later in the same program]
They will create a part who may be there to do sacrifices, to kill other people, to do child sacrifices.
Interviewer: When you use the word "they," who are you talking about?
Hammond: Well, I wish we knew who they are.
- Listed as unindicted co-conspirator in criminal case USA v Peterson, 71 F. Supp. 2d 695 (S.D. Tex. 1999).
- In 2004, settled malpractice lawsuit for $175,000 as part of a $7.5 settlement. More about the case here.
- Claims that techniques used to program sexual abuse victims to repress their memories were brought to America by a Hasidic Jewish Nazi named Dr. Greenbaum. Hammond’s Greenbaum narrative has been incredibly influential to the delusions of the Satanic Ritual Abuse believers. A transcript of his “Greenbaum Speech,” which fully details the Ritual Abuse/Mind-Control conspiracy theory, can be read in its entirety here.